You can browse our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal data about yourself. Once you give us your personal data, you are not anonymous to us.
We may collect and store any personal data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you ( “personal data” ) including predominantly:
- e-mail address, physical address and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Site, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our Site, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, ad data, cookies, IP address and standard web log information;
- information from other companies, such as demographic and traffic data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to RDPProperty, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information, such as your driver license, credit card statement, or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information).
You are not required to provide us the personal data that we request and can, in certain circumstances, stop us from collecting it by submitting a request through the “contact us” form on our Site. However, if you choose not to provide us the requested personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our services or with a high quality of service, or respond to your communication.
We don’t sell or rent your personal data to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may process your personal data to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. We use those data because RDPProperty has a legitimate interest to promote its products and services. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference once you become a member of RDPProperty (or similar account status page) or by following the directions provided in an email or from a link on an advertisement.
Our primary purpose in collecting and processing personal data is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Therefore, your personal data are collected and processed by us for the following purposes:
- to provide the services and customer support you request;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- to customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- to compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process the personal data. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
In certain cases we may process your personal data based on legitimate interest, e.g. for internal training and quality assurance purposes, to verify information for accuracy, to provide customer support and for other legitimate purposes.
We may process your personal data where such is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations. For example, we may be required to process your personal data to comply with anti-money laundering rules or our tax obligations.
Where we intend to process the personal data for a purpose other than that for which they were collected, we will provide you prior to that further processing with information on that other purpose and other necessary or general information. However, we are not required to provide information where you already possess such information, where the recording or disclosure of the personal data is expressly laid down by law or where the provision of information to you would be impossible or involve a disproportionate effort (for example, where processing is carried out for archiving purposes in the public interest or statistical purposes).
Your personal data will be kept for as long as you have a relationship with us or, if you do not have a relationship with us beyond this communication, for a reasonable length of time that lets us understand how people use our Site.
5. Our Sharing of Personal Data
We may share your personal data internally, with members of our corporate family, and with selected external parties such as third-party service providers. We do so to be able to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, for marketing and promotional purposes, to respond to legal disclosure requirements, to verify or enforce our policies, to detect and protect against illegal acts such as fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy and money laundering or any technical or security vulnerabilities, to respond to an emergency or to protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
We may transmit your personal data to the following external parties:
- Google Analytics (US) – click [ here ] for more information
- Google – AdSense (US) – click [ here ] for more information
- Google – DataStudio (US) – click [ here ] for more information
- Google – Doubleclick (US) – click [ here ] for more information
- Mailchimp (US) – click [ here ] for more information
We shall only send personal data collected within the European Economic Area (EEA) to non-EEA states in case such transfer is requested by you, in order to comply with a legal obligation or to work with third party service providers who we use to help run our business and services. In doing so, we shall comply with all relevant data protection rules and regulations.
6. Activity Associated with User IDs
All of your activity on our Site is traceable to your User ID. RDPProperty reserves the right to send notices to 3rd parties regarding suspicious activity and policy violations on our Site and refer to User IDs and specific items.
7. Using Information from RDPProperty
RDPProperty enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users’ contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other’s name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- RDPProperty transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- Using services offered through RDPProperty (e.g. escrow, insurance, shipping and fraud complaints), or
- Other purposes that a user explicitly has agreed on chooses.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our Site or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Site that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
9. No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your RDPProperty notification preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other RDPProperty users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report RDPProperty-related spam or spoof emails to RDPProperty, please contact us. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
10. Account Protection
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your RDPProperty password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal data with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify RDPProperty and change your password.
11. Your Rights About the Use of Your Personal Data
You have certain rights listed below over how the data is processed and can exercise these rights at any point.
- The right to access, rectify and update. You have the right to access, rectify and update your personal data at any time by signing on to RDPProperty. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal data because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. If you wish to rectify or update personal data disclosed in a public posting, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
- The right to data portability. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to (i) request that we send you a copy of your personal data you provided to us, in which case we shall provide you with those data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or (ii) transmit those data to another controller.
- The right to be forgotten. You have right to request that we erase your data. If you wish to erase the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to erase it.
- The right to restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data, for example, where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you or if the personal data we collect is no longer needed for processing, but is required by you in connection with any legal claims.
- The right to object. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing and profiling.
- The right to complain to supervisory authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority about how we process your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw any consent given to the processing of your data (i.e., we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us with the details provided below.
- Rights related to automated decision-making. You have the right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing and which produces legal or other significant effects on you. In particular, you have the right:
- to obtain human intervention;
- to express your point of view;
- to obtain an explanation of the decision reached after an assessment; and
- to challenge such a decision.
You can exercise your rights by submitting a request through the “contact us” form on our Site.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal data from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We may retain personal data from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your personal data is stored on our servers. We treat personal data as an asset that must be protected and make extensive use of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal data against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal data that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal data or private communications will always remain private.
13. Third Parties